Enchilada Pasta Hot-Dish
This one-pan pasta is quick and satisfying. You add the dry pasta right into the skillet and everything cooks in one pan. It's got a mild flavor that is great for kids – but you can still top your portion with hot sauce or salsa.
1 Mostly Made Enchilada Filling
1 cup water
1 cup crushed tomatoes
3 cups dried pasta, like rotini or penne
1/2 cup frozen corn
2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar or Monterey jack)
1. Thaw Mostly Made Enchilada Filling by soaking bag in hot water or microwaving pouch for 2-5 minutes.
2. In a 12" skillet with a lid, add one package of Enchilada Filling, 1 cup crushed tomatoes, 1 cup water, and 3 cups dry pasta.
3. Cover pan and simmer over low heat, stirring frequently, until pasta is al dente. This should take about 12-15 minutes. **If you notice the pasta drying out too much, you can add 1/4 cup more water. The exact amount of water can depend on the type of pasta you use.
4. Stir in 1/2 frozen corn until distributed. Sprinkle 2 cups cheese on top. Cover and continue to cook on low heat until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
5. Serve with toppings like sour cream, green onions, avocado, salsa or cilantro.