These cute (or spooky) stuffed pepper jack-o-lanterns make the perfect dinner before trick-or-treating. They come together with minimal prep, so you can spend more time handing out candy and dressing up!
1 package Mostly Made Enchilada Filling
5 medium sized orange bell peppers
2 cups of cheddar or jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Slice off the top each pepper, about 1/2" from the stem. Set aside the top (with the stem attached). You will place it back on the pepper during baking.
- Remove ribs and seeds in each pepper, leaving a hallow cavity.
- Use a paring knife to carve faces in each pepper – just as you would carve a pumpkin.
- Sprinkle 3 Tb cheese in bottom of each pepper.
- Fill each pepper with Mostly Made Filling, top with remaining cheese, and place the stem back on top for baking.
- Cover with foil and bake 375° for 35 minutes until hot and cheese is melted. Bake uncovered for 10 more minutes.
- Serve with cooked brown rice or quinoa and a dollop of sour cream.
Serves 5 people
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 45 minutes