These cute (or spooky) stuffed pepper jack-o-lanterns make the perfect dinner before trick-or-treating. Use red peppers for goblins or green peppers to make Frankenstein!
1 package Mostly Made Enchilada Filling
3 small-medium sized orange bell peppers
1.5 cups of cheddar or jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Slice off the top each pepper, about 1/2" from the stem. Set aside the top (with the stem attached). Remove ribs and seeds.
- Use a paring knife to carve faces in each pepper.
- Sprinkle 3 Tb cheese in bottom of each pepper then fill with Mostly Made Enchilada Filling. Top with remaining cheese, and place the stem back on top for baking.
- Cover with foil and bake 375° for 30 minutes until hot and cheese is melted.
- Serve with cooked brown rice or quinoa and a dollop of sour cream.
Serves 3 people
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 30 minutes