This is a super easy and tasty breakfast. No need for an electric mixer since your not making a batter. You can even assemble it the night before and just pop it in the oven 45 minutes before breakfast. And, did I mention, it's easy.
3-4 apples or pears, cored and cut into 1" slices
1 cup frozen blueberries
2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1.5 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
1/2 cup nuts, like pecans or slivered almonds
2 cups milk
2 eggs, beaten
2 tsp vanilla extract
For the topping
1/2 cup blueberries
3 Tb butter, melted
2 Tb brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Butter a 9"x9" glass baking dish.
2. Remove core and slice apples or pears into wedges that are about an inch thick. Lay the slices on the bottom of buttered baking dish. Sprinkle 1 cup of frozen blueberries on top of the apples.
3. Stir together all the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Break up any clumps of brown sugar. Pour the dry oatmeal mixture on top of the apples and blueberries, then spread evenly.
4. Mix together all the wet ingredients; stirring the milk, eggs and vanilla. Pour evenly on top of the oatmeal. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of blueberries.
5. Drizzle the melted butter and brown sugar mixture on top. This will bake into a sort of caramel sauce.
6. Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes at 375°. Allow a few minutes to cool before serving.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 35-45 minutes