Easy baked beans
These are the baked beans my mom has always made. You can bake them, use a slow cooker, or even just heat them on the stove if you're in a rush. The longer they cook the better they taste.
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 lb bacon, chopped
1 large can baked beans (28-oz)
1 can butter beans, drained (15-oz)
1 can kidney beans, drained (15-oz)
1/4 cup chili sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 tsp hot sauce
1 Tb lemon juice
1. In a 4 quart dutch oven, cook the chopped bacon over medium heat until bacon is browned and fat is rendered. Scoop out cooked bacon with and set on paper towels to drain.
2. Add the chopped onion to the dutch oven and cook on medium heat in the bacon fat until onions are translucent.
3. Pour one can of baked beans to the onions and return the cooked bacon to the pot.
4. Drain the canning liquid from butter beans and kidney beans. Add beans into the pot along with the baked beans and cooked onions.
5. Stir in the ketchup, chili sauce, hot sauce, and lemon juice.
6. Bake at 275° or in slow-cooker for 2 hours.
Prep time: 20
Bake time: 2 hours