1 package Mostly Made Lasagna Filling
Pizza dough for two 14" crusts, assembled per package directions
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix pizza dough per instructions and allow to rise, or use pre-made dough.
- Place parchment paper drizzled in olive oil on each baking sheet and roll out the dough.
- Heat the Mostly Made Lasagna filling in a microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes, until hot.
- Spoon the Lasagna Filling on one half of the rolled out pizza dough.
- Top with 1 cup of mozzarella.
- Fold the empty half of the dough over the filling and crimp the edges to seal. Cut slits for steam to escape. Repeat steps 5-7 for the second calzone.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
Serves 4-5 people
Prep time: 8 minutes
Bake time: 25 minutes
I use Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Pizza Crust mix to keep it GF and because it makes the two crusts so I can feed my family of 4 (and I often have leftovers).
Mostly Made fillings are gluten-free (each batch is tested to ensure there's no gluten). Just use Gluten-free pizza dough to make these calzones.
Special tips for using gluten-free dough:
- Roll out dough on parchment paper that you lightly spread with olive oil. Use the parchment to easily fold over the calzone once filled. It also makes clean-up easier.
- If the gluten-free dough is sticking when you roll it out, dip your fingers in water. This makes it much easier to spread out.
- Pre-cooking the GF pizza dough for ~2 minutes before you add the Lasagna filling makes it easier to fold over the calzone. This is true for gluten-free dough, but not necessary for regular dough.
- Before you add the Filling to the calzones, heat the lasagna filling in the microwave for 2 minutes to cut down on the baking time. This ensures the center will be hot without burning the crust.