Lasagna with cottage cheese
Cottage cheese makes a creamy sauce that's milder than ricotta. My kids prefer this version.
2 packages of Mostly Made Skillet Lasagna Meal Starter
9 lasagna noodles
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1.5 cup tomato sauce
16 oz cottage cheese
3 Tb corn starch
½ cup parmesan, grated
- Preheat oven to 350° and soak lasagna noodles in hot tap water for 10 minutes.
- Stir together cottage cheese, 3 Tb corn starch, and parmesan in a bowl.
- Assemble the lasagna:
- To prevent sticking, spread 3 Tb of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a 9"x13" baking dish.
- Arrange 3 lasagna noodles on the bottom of the pan. Spread one package of Mostly Made Skillet Lasagna Mix on top of the noodles. Dot half of the cottage cheese mixture on top, then sprinkle with ½ cup mozzarella.
- Repeat with the 2nd layer, spreading one box of Skillet Lasagna Mix along with the rest of the cottage cheese mixture. Save 1 cup of mozzarella for the top.
- Top with the last 3 lasagna noodles and cover with spaghetti sauce and shredded mozzarella.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Allow 10 minutes for lasagna to rest before slicing.
Serves 6-8 people
Assembly time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes