Cottage cheese makes a creamy sauce that's milder than ricotta. My kids prefer this version.
1 package of Mostly Made Lasagna Filling
9 lasagna noodles
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1.5 cup tomato sauce
16 oz cottage cheese
3 Tb corn starch
½ cup parmesan, grated
- Thaw Mostly Made Lasagna Filling by soaking bag in hot water or microwaving pouch for 2-5 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350° and soak lasagna noodles in hot tap water for 10 minutes.
- Stir together cottage cheese, 3 Tb corn starch, and parmesan in a bowl.
- Assemble the lasagna:
- To prevent sticking, spread 3 Tb of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a 9"x13" baking dish.
- Arrange 3 lasagna noodles on the bottom of the pan. Spread half of Mostly Made Lasagna Filling on top of the noodles. Dot half of the cottage cheese mixture on top of the Lasagna Filling then sprinkle with ½ cup mozzarella.
- Repeat with the 2nd layer, saving 1 cup of mozzarella for the top.
- Top with the last 3 lasagna noodles and cover with spaghetti sauce and shredded mozzarella.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Allow 10 minutes for lasagna to rest before slicing.
Serves 6 people ($4.83 each)
Assembly time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Mostly Made Lasagna Filling: $12.99
Lasagna noodles: $3.71
Crushed tomatoes: $1.19
Corn Starch: $0.10
Cottage Cheese: $4.99
Total meal cost: $28.96
Cost per person: $4.83 each