1 package Mostly Made Lasagna Filling
Pizza dough for two 14" pizzas, assembled per package directions
2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Mix pizza dough per instructions and allow to rise. Or purchase prepared pizza dough from the grocery store.
- Place parchment paper drizzled in olive oil on each baking sheet and roll out the dough.
- Heat the Mostly Made Lasagna Filling in a microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes, until hot. This ensures the Filling gets hot without burning the crust.
- Spoon the Lasagna Filling on one half of the rolled out pizza dough and top with 1 cup of mozzarella.
- Fold the empty half of the dough over the filling and crimp the edges to seal. Cut slits for steam to escape. Repeat for the second pizza dough.
- Bake 30 minutes until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
Serves 4-5 people
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 30 minutes
Tips if you use gluten-free pizza dough:
- Roll out dough on parchment paper that you lightly spread with olive oil. Use the parchment to easily fold over the calzone once filled. It also makes clean-up easier.
- If the dough is sticking when you roll it out, dip your fingers in water. This makes it much easier to spread out. Flour works well for regular dough.
- Pre-cooking the gluten-free pizza dough for ~1 minute before you add the Lasagna filling makes it easier to fold over the calzone. This is true for gluten-free dough, but not for regular dough.
- Before you add the Filling to the calzones, heat the lasagna filling in the microwave for 2 minutes to cut down on the baking time. This ensures the center will be hot without burning the crust.